[Wikipedia-l] National Public Radio (US): "Wikipedia's Growth Comes with Concerns"

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 01:56:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:33:48 -0800 (PST), Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The new Britannica FUD was interesting: Their new take is that Wikipedia is too
> detailed and one of the things that makes EB great is that they make careful
> decisions on what is most important to include.
>
> So that looks to me like they are giving up and declaring their much smaller
> size and long time between updates to be 'features.' :)

Mav, I found that new argument curious as well. In general, I think WP
articles already do a good job of not "burying the lead." If not, it's
easy to fix.

For Britannica, it's going to be much harder to come to grips with the
two things you mentioned.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)