[Wikipedia-l] NSM88, deletion of user page image, personal attacks

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Feb 18 21:30:42 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> Fred Bauder (fredbaud at ctelco.net) [050217 23:28]:
>
> > As our policy is currently written, running off neo-nazis or Stalinist (or
> > Trotskyist or Maoist) revolutionaries is not permitted. Nor is exclusion of
> > open advocates of Islamic (or Zionist) terrorism. In my opinion we should
> > change that policy and permit exclusion of open advocates of totalitarian
> > ideologies and terrorism.
>

> I'm not sure we actually *need* this as yet. The Wikipedia immune system
> appears to be working fine from here.

I'm with David.

When the stormfront people started talking about taking over
wikipedia, I assured everyone that we will not allow that to happen.
I meant that.  We will change the rules if we have to do so.

But David's right... we don't need to change the rules yet.  The rules
already take into account plenty of ways to deal with this sort of
thing.

--Jimbo