[Wikipedia-l] Day 0 Fund Drive Report

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 19:18:13 UTC 2005

Our first quarter 2005 fund drive officially started at midnight UTC Friday
morning.

On Day 0 (Thursday eastern US timezone since PayPal data are not available in
UTC) we made $1,023.19 (USD) through PayPal (other sources unknown). As of
right now we have generated a total of $7,043.80 in the fund drive (PayPal
only; other sources unknown), so Day 1 looks like it will be big.

Some choice comments from Day 0:
See http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q1/Day_0

"Amazing. I've spent many many hours here over the last couple months learning
about our world. Please keep it up!" by Sean Vaughan

"I wanted to be the first" by Daniel Wool (hi Danny!)

"I have learned so much from this site. I used to be frustrated because I
couldn't read about things on sites like Encarta, but now I can and it's all
here." by Anonymous

"I absolutely love Wikipedia, I have never donated to anything before but I
gladly do to this!" by Anonymous

"WikiPeida rocks!" by David Ouziel

And my personal favorite:

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the underpants of your enemies"
by Christopher J Hutten Czaps

Daniel Mayer,
Wikimedia CFO

PS - there still is much translating work to do at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Fundraising_pages