[Wikipedia-l] French wikipedians requesting to install Wikiforum extension on French Wikipedia

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Fri Feb 18 05:48:32 UTC 2005

Hi all,
After my previous e-mail about Wikiforum [1] I got many feedbacks from
users, but only few from developers. I made all requested fix, then,
…nothing. I can't personally force developers to look closely at this
extension likewise I can't force them to install it even if there is no
problem. Hoping a strong mobilization of the French community can do
that, we organized a pool few days ago [2]. The result is limpid: 55
French users are now requesting this extension (0 against and 5 that
prefer "real" forum or Usenet). 55 users for a pool in 2 days is very a
lot for the French community (ie. vote to decide arbitrators' rules have
actually 30 votes in 9 days) and I hope you will respect it by:
- Install this extension "as it" on French Wikipedia.
or:
- Look at the source [3] and give me a list of needed
security/performance fix.
You can still test this extension on Amgine's server [4].
Thanks,

Aoineko

-- French: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Wikiforum
-- English (few information): http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikiforum
[2] Pool to implement Wikiforum on French Wikipedia:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Prise_de_d%C3%A9cision/Mise_en_place_du_Wikiforum

[3] Sources are on the CVS repository at "/extensions/wikiforum" (please
don't change the pagination while I'm developing)
[4] Test server: http://test-wikipedia.saewyc.net/index.php/Special:Forum