[Wikipedia-l] "The God-King drives a Hyundai"

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Feb 17 22:04:41 UTC 2005

Sj wrote:

>More :  http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/sj/2005/02/17#a797

Whaddayamean, the God-King is fallible!?

As an interesting data point relating to quality vs EB, I've been
going through 1911EB articles thought not to be in WP (about half
just need a redir), and cross-checking with present-day EB at the
same time - it's remarkable how some present-day EB articles are
nearly word-for-word identical with their 1911 versions, except
for being shortened by leaving out detail, references, and
citations, tsk tsk.

My current favorite is Felix Faure, who in 1911EB "died of apoplexy",
in present-day EB "died suddenly", while in WP we also find out just
what he was doing at the moment of death, heh-heh, plus we have an
article on the woman he was doing it with, she having a life story
of her own.

Stan