Stirling Newberry (was Article ownership Re: avoiding forks (was Re: [Wikipedia-l] public service ads in Wikipedia?))

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:11:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:26:59 -0800 (PST), wiki pedista
<wikipedista at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, I am not polite enough. Stirling, if you don't
> like our project and policies, please feel free not
> to adopt them in yours, but leave us alone, and
> stop making noise on the list.

I think reviewing our policies is a very valid thing to do. Even more
so if those policies mean we are technically not conforming to the
GFDL and/or they mean that potential good contributors are being
discouraged. "This is the correct way because it is the way we are
doing it" is not the kind of logic that is beneficial to the project.

Andre Engels