[Wikipedia-l] Polite Thoughtful Neo-Nazis, was NSM88, deletion of user page image, personal attacks

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Feb 17 13:01:01 UTC 2005

The Arbcom cannot exclude an advocate of totalitarianism or terrorism under
our current policies, indeed, we cannot even accept a case on that basis
alone. The user must go beyond advocacy and violate NPOV, make personal
attacks, delete encyclopedic material, attempt to dominate a block of
articles with aggressive POV editing, etc. before we can accept a case or
even issue a mild rebuke. A polite thoughtful neo-nazi is welcome to edit
under our current policies.

The Arbcom has a few critics who think we do otherwise, but while there is
prejudice against these folks once they fall into our clutches we do more or
less follow expressed Wikipedia policy.

Fred