[Wikipedia-l] NSM88, deletion of user page image, personal attacks

Jack Lutz jack-lutz at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 09:06:06 UTC 2005

Hello,
I understand user NSM88 had at one time an image of himself dressed in some kind of Nazi or neo-Nazi uniform displayed on his user page, and that it was deleted. Two issues stemming from that: deletion justification, and personal attacks by admins.

The deletion log reads:

     12:06, 15 Feb 2005 Theresa knott deleted Image:Walternsm.jpg (This image will upset a number of users and lead to disruption rather than cooperation)

This bothers me. That it will "lead to disruption" is, I think, a strained justification for removing an image of someone used on their own personal page which, so far as I know contained nothing more 'graphic' than a 'Nazi uniform'.

If the justification for deleting an image is that it bore a Nazi emblem, then at least one administrator is deleting images which offend their own or other contributors' personal or political beliefs. How can that stand? If I should upload an image of myself wearing a Democratic or Republican pin, for example, would that be "disruptive"? There is no evidence that he did not act in good faith.

Looking at it further, I see personal motives for banning and personal attacks against him by an administrator.

    I've blocked you for being a hateful individual. - Ta bu shi da yu 11:21, 15 Feb 2005 (UTC)  [User talk:NSM88]

    Feel free to visit nsm888 on some OTHER website. Removing advertising for an offensive organisation.) [User:NSM88 edit summary,  11:23, 15 Feb 2005 Ta bu shi da yu]

    Liberation from what? Liberation from having a brain? - Ta bu shi da yu 11:25, 15 Feb 2005 (UTC) [User:NSM88 hist]

    You are now only blocked for 48 hours. Don't thank me though. If I had my way, none of you people would be posting on here. But I'll be watching you. - Ta bu shi da yu 12:06, 15 Feb 2005 (UTC) [User talk:NSM88]

    Sure he has. His political views are extremely hateful. He openly proclaimed that he was a white supremecist (though under the guise of "White liberation"). If you don't like what I did, tough. I've been open about what I've done, but I don't expect you to understand. - Ta bu shi da yu 02:19, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC) [User talk:NSM88]

Please, someone tell me this isn't acceptable behavior from administrators.

[[en:User:119]]