[Wikipedia-l] Proposal for the application for a grant that has to be applied for before the 20th

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 16 20:16:31 UTC 2005

Hoi,
I have posted http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IFAP it is an outline for a
proposal for a $45.000,- grant. We need to apply before the 20th of this
month. Please, do understand that if we apply for this grant, we have to
spend money the way we describe. It does not help if you think we should
not spend the money. We either do or we do not apply and, that way we do
not benefit and neither do the people who benefit most who are
incidentally not the people who get paid.

This proposal aims to achieve three things:
* cooperation with the Open Office org by creating a dictionary
integrated into wiktionary for languages they work on. This is a win win
situation
*a dictionary and translations dictionary that helps translators and
students of languages; wiktionary is a many to many dictionary
*better functionality for wiktionary that will prevent a lot of double
work and removes the need for running bots to share our work.

I hope we agree that this is a feasible project and that we can move
forward with this proposal.

Thanks.
    GerardM