[Wikipedia-l] Foundation Organization

Stirling Newberry stirling.newberry at xigenics.net
Mon Feb 14 16:51:47 UTC 2005

On Feb 14, 2005, at 11:03 AM, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> Mark Williamson wrote:
>> So, you think it's good that the majority of the board members were
>> not voted in but rather chosen silently by Jimbo? I said "more
>> complete democracy", not "completely direct democracy".
>
> I think it was very good.  Transition in a responsible manner takes
> time.

It is indeed very important to prevent "capsizing" of projects that
reach a certain critical mass - they have things of value, and attract
people who want to take control of them. For examples, take a look at
what happened to the reform party. There will be more democracy when,
paradoxically, there are more people.