[Wikipedia-l] NYTimes.com: Google may host encyclopedia project

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Feb 14 06:15:27 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson wrote:
> So, you think it's good that the majority of the board members were
> not voted in but rather chosen silently by Jimbo? I said "more
> complete democracy", not "completely direct democracy".

I think that how they were chosen is immaterial, actually, except in
terms of public perception.  The important bits are how they'll be
chosen in the future, and what decisions they'll make.  Choosing them by
democratic process hasn't been proven, or even indicated logically, to
have a better chance of providing "better" board members than any other
method, as far as I'm aware.  Please let me know if I'm wrong, but
expect that I'll want some kind of logical support for your disagreement.

--
Chad