[Wikipedia-l] Quenya language

Ron H aceron99 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:37:14 UTC 2005

>And the next question:
If you support a Quenya Wikipedia, would you also vote for a Sindarin
one? That might be soon point of discussion too, if the Quenya one will
be granted.

Sindarin? Eww. ;)

At this time, I have no interest in a Sindarin Wikipedia. I don't speak the
language (aside from a few simple phrases). Of Tolkien's many fictional
languages, only Sindarin and Quenya are complete enough to compose Wiki
articles. So Orquin (as the Orcish language is called in "The Lost Road")
isn't viable as a wikipedia language. Only S and Q.

Yet I have no interest in Sindarin, and would like to tackle just the Quenya
language (one project seems enough). I wouldn't *oppose* a Sindarin
Wikipedia, but I couldn't work on it.

Ron :)