[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikicite project pages (english versions only so far)

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri Feb 11 05:34:21 UTC 2005

Stirling Newberry <stirling.newberry at xigenics.net> writes:

> What it doesn't come with is the actual data,

1/ you can import data from Z39.50 servers, esp. from the LoC if you
restrict yourself to limited number of datasets the day.

2/ I will happily feed the database once it is in place, and others will
do the same, I'm sure.

> nor are those annotations wiki editable, nor do the coordinate
> references in a structured way.

If the database is working in the background you can connect it with a
wiki.

Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> writes:

> "*rolls eyes*" and "*sigh*" are obviously very helpful and further a
> sense of mutual understanding.

Yes, those abbreviations can quickly lead to misunderstandings.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                           |      ,__o
                                                        |    _-\_<,
                                                        |   (*)/'(*)
Key fingerprint = F138 B28F B7ED E0AC 1AB4  AA7F C90A 35C3 E9D0 5D1C