[Wikipedia-l] Quenya language request

V. Ivanov amikeco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:48:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:56:54 +0100, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:55:05 -0500, Stephen Forrest
> >> It seems to me to be a reasonable thing to insist that a language must
> >> have at one time been a native tongue of some human population in
> >> order for it to be granted a wikipedia.
>
> No!
> With that criterium the Esperanto wikipedia would have been denied.

According to independent sources (as ethnologue.com), the number of
native speakers of Esperanto is about 200 to 2000. I presume, the
number is underestimated: there are at least four "denaskuloj" (native
speakers of Esperanto) only among my close friends.

Thank you all for mentioning Ossetian! :) At the moment we use
MediaWiki at http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/osetio/ to collect
community, to ellaborate better terms for technical things and just to
practice before getting to real work.

Sincerely,
Slavik Ivanov,
Russia