[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request

MilchFlasche瑋平 robertus0617 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 07:59:20 UTC 2005

Hello Boris,

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:26:20 +0100, Boris Lohnzweiger
<BorisLohnzweiger at web.de> wrote:
> So after all, those fantasy language wikipedias would all end up being creative playgrounds for small circles of people. Which surely woundn't be a bad thing. But would that really fit into the concept of this great project? Or wouldn't it rather harm Wikipedia's reputation as a reliable, comprehensive source of information (i. e. not fiction)?
>
> Boris
For me, I'd rather think that there can be a little difference in
principles for fantasy languages. First of all, if the writers write
in these languages with serious attitude and effort, through aspects
and viewpoints which might reflect the cultures of the fantasy worlds,
then such information should be treated as comprehensive and
resourceful for those who understand them.

Or in English or other "real" language versions, people could still
create articles introducing everthing in these worlds, as long as we
are clear that "these facts are ficted (but still useful)", can't we?

Best regards,

[[zh:User:MilchFlasche]]

--
2005, make signs happen!