[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 04:02:50 UTC 2005

In message <BAY103-F32839BCEC9810D39BDEA5DDB760 at phx.gbl>, Ron H
<aceron99-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> writes

>I would like to request adding Quenya to the list of languages on
>Wikimedia. Quenya is the language of the elves in the works of Tolkien.
>Other fictional languages, such as Klingon, already exist on Wikipedia.
>speak passing Quenya. I have already prepared several articles,
>including one on constellations, and would like to add them to a
>quenya-language wiki.
>

>Firsfron on Wikipedia.

Oh, please no. We had an enormous argument about Klingon and even now
there's only 50 articles on tlh.

Is there really a user community large enough to sustain a Quenya
wikipedia? What would the language code be? And can MediaWiki handle
Tengwar fonts?

Genuine languages like Ossetian are finding it difficult enough to get
the developer resources to set themselves up.  I don't think this is
something that should be rushed into.

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/