[Wikipedia-l] They don't want a fork - they want to change *this* project (was A Solution to Larry Sanger's Criticisms - Project Has Been Around For A While)

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Sun Feb 6 11:21:37 UTC 2005

Once upon a time :-) I wrote a wikipedia mode that would display wiki
pages (no edit), and when hitting a non-existing link as a logged-in
user, one would get a framed (evil!) page with the matching wikipedia
page, a small header showing an "import" button. "Import" would copy the
wikipedia text to that wiki. It even did automatic image imports.

I don't know what happened to that script, but it should be easy enough
to set up again (only the image import was a bitch).

We should run this for some time in parallel with an in-wikipedia
validation feature test. That way, we see the pros and cons of each
system right away.

Magnus