[Wikipedia-l] Bots not working

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 5 08:02:57 UTC 2005

Hi, I was wondering quite a lot when yesterday my bot for the Italian
wiktionary did not work anymore ... then I heard about problems witn
"one" user - vandalism of course.

Now because of this one person it is impossible to upload contents given
from colleagues for the Italian wiktionary (at the moment the Sicilian
wiktionary is not involved, but it will be soon, when the second part of
the wordlist is ready). What I can't understand is why you blocked the
bots for all wikimedia sites - wouldn't it be enough to do this first on
the one where you have the problems? Why do all of us now be unable to
work properly because of one stupid person who seemed love disturbing
just one site?

And: did you ever think about taking legal action against this person?
There are authorities that are there for jus this job ...

Of course some people do this as they have nothing else to do for the
whole of their day and are somewhat disturbed and simply "must" ruin
work of others, but there could also be someone interested in
miscrediting wikimedia.

Sorry, but I am absolutely not happy with this.

Best wishes - and today I'll be offline just to show a form of protest.

Sabine