[Wikipedia-l] os.wikipedia.org (Cyrillic only will do)

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Fri Feb 4 11:03:33 UTC 2005

Brion Vibber wrote:

> Updates to any file in MediaWiki should be submitted as a unified diff
> against the files in CVS (cvs diff -u) FOR EACH AFFECTED BRANCH (the
> REL1_4 release branch is not the same as the current development work in
> HEAD), posted as a file attachment to a bug report in Bugzilla.
> Assurances that it's been tested are helpful.

I added brions text above to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Locales_for_the_Wikimedia_projects
put a deprecated note on the page and removed all red links.

For creating clean locales, I propose to set up a wiki only for this
purpose where a team of volunteers can translate the locales via the
mediawiki namespace in a coordinate effort (doing this via the mediawiki
namespace has the advantage that you can test the stuff live and see
formatting errors instantly). At a certain deadline these translations
could be all converted at once into the according Language files and
released together with mediawiki. If that's sounds feasible to you and
someone sets up a wiki for this, I'm willing to maintain the german
language version.

greetings,
elian