[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia in Chinese dialects

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 04:06:20 UTC 2005

I still believe that is being extremely, extremely, extremely selfish.

Why not instead tell people to focus their energy on English, since
there are more English speakers?

Again, you are making it sound like the zh.wikipedia community will be
split into thirds or fourths, when in reality it will remain totally
intact with only a few small exceptions.

Now, what I find especially outrageous is that even after people like
Alex have expressed their tentative support, you continue to say no,
work on the Mandarin Wikipedia instead.

If these people want to work on a separate Wikipedia, you should stop
harassing them (or as you call it "encouraging" them).

Quit being so focused only on yourself and your own language community
and think of others for a change.

Mark