[Wikipedia-l] os.wikipedia.org (Cyrillic only will do)

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:23:01 UTC 2005

Brion:
> So, don't be surprised if there is not speedy (or much of any) progress
> on getting submissions integrated. Sorry if it's annoying; that's the
> primary reason we set up the MediaWiki: namespace system.

However, that only works on single Wikis. If you want to change
something on various wikis, the MediaWiki-namespace should be edited
on all of them. If you want to change it for people using a
different-language interface, even that does not work.

Could not some system be developed to enable people to submit these?
As things are now, language files will only continue to drag further
and further behind the rest of MediaWiki. Go on this way, and soon we
might not need language files at all any more. Because the difference
isn't that big between going through the MediaWiki namespace to
translate half of it, and going through the MediaWiki namespace to
translate all of it. Except perhaps that a half-English
half-chosen-language interface on a third language is still better
than an all-English one.

Andre Engels