[Wikipedia-l] Re: What links here?

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:23:36 UTC 2005

On 8/24/05, Jakob Voss <jakob.voss at nichtich.de> wrote:
> Cormac Lawler wrote:
>
> > Is there a Kate's tools-like way of counting the number of pages that
> > link to any given page through the "What links here" function? This
> > would be useful to see which policy pages are most often cited, for
> > example.
> >
> > Oh, and I mean a *simple* tool for a technologically simple guy like me.
>
> That's a very interesting idea! I just posted an answer to my blog:
> http://wm.sieheauch.de/?p=19
>
> Greetings,
> Jakob

Thanks so much Jakob :-D

Andrew had already more or less suggested this but it wasn't until
your detail that i figured out how to actually play with it - which
was exactly my point. I've been playing around with it for a bit and
some further results I got were (I redid NPOV and BOLD myself just to
double check I was doing it ok):

NPOV: 10,668
BOLD: 9,172
NOT: 7,245
Civility: 4,658
CITE: 2,969
No personal attacks: 1,572
NOR: 1,473
BITE: 1,081
Dispute resolution: 213

(Jakob got 5600 links for Wikipedia:Wikiquette and 1,188 for Assume_good_faith)

Interesting.

Thanks again - and by the way, it's ridiculously charitable to suggest
I "invented" this; it was as always a collaborative venture ;-)

Cheers
Cormac