[Wikipedia-l] Re: Sanger's memoirs

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 21:28:41 UTC 2005

Sean Barrett a écrit:
>>I am quite confident that he will explain it to me one day, perhaps in
>>France in front of a beer this summer. I am preparing the grass (mostly
>>weeds actually) and the flowers (these are neat) and the outside
>>wood-table (this one is perfect now) so that the environnement is good
>>for talking of such things.
>

> I have no trouble imagining the scene except for one jarring detail --
> beer?!?  A conversation over a wooden table in a French pastoral
> setting may include vin ordinaire, sure; un petit café, certainly; but
> beer is all wrong for that mise en scène.
>
> Please correct this detail in your final draft.

depends of the hour...

during lunch, that would be rose wine
After lunch, café
during dinner, when it is already dark, red wine

Before lunch or dinner, in summer, I would rather choose a pastis
with a bit of sirop d'orgeat. And ice.
Right, I lived in Marseille ;-)

But in the afternoon... a beer, or even a little pcb is nice...

After dinner, strong alcoohol, but usually, by then... I am cooked.

note...pcb stands for picon citron bière...
picon is a traditional mixture of plants. When there is only regular
beer left in the fridge, that is a good solution...