[Wikipedia-l] Re: The Onion on Peer Review

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Mon Apr 25 09:55:50 UTC 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Timwi wrote:
> Rowan Collins wrote:
>>> The article is a public humiliation of a hard-working 10-year-old
>>> student, and condones the bullying he receives from classmates.
>>> That kind of story makes you smile?

Adults are humiliated with peer-review all the time....

>> And just in case: you do realise it's fiction, don't you. ;)
> Where does it say that? The site passes itself off as a "news source",
> so I don't think it was unreasonable of me to think it was real.

Uhm, FOX news plays itself as "real", too. Do you believe them, as well?

>> As far as I know, The Onion's readers are not primarily in the
>> "5th-grade" age range
> I'm sure The Onion's readers are not *primarily* Jews, either, so is it
> okay for The Onion to be anti-Semitic?

Did I miss something? Was something in the onion report anti-Semitic?

-Bop