[Wikipedia-l] Re: Sanger's memoirs

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Apr 20 05:41:33 UTC 2005

Honestly, this mailing list thread about a "Sanger/Wales war" is very
overblown.  Larry, perhaps it is that title which has you uptight?

> I just don't know what you could possibly thinking.  Why don't you clarify
> for the list what you meant, precisely, in light of the facts as I have
> presented them?  Surely you're not accusing *me* of having lied since
> practically the beginning of the project?

Gee, settle down.  I'm not accusing anyone of lying about anything.  I'm
just adding an interesting bit of historical trivia.

In mid-December, Jeremy showed me Ward Cunningham's wiki and suggested
it would be a possible solution for the constant complaints he was aware
of that I had about your top-down-community design for Nupedia.  When
you showed me the same thing a few weeks later, that was great.

--Jimbo