[Wikipedia-l] pdf horrors

Finne Boonen hennar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:47:16 UTC 2005

I'm going to temprorarily hijack this thread :)

Please think twice before making pdf's. pdf's are worse then html.
Screenreaders cannot always handle pdf's since not all pdfs that
contain text contain text, often they just contain images of the text.
People with various reading problems (from simply needing reading
glasses, to dyslexia) have no way to adapt a pdf to what they can
read.

Thanks, I'll now step off my soapbox and let the debate rage on about
the quarto mail.

Finne
--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"