[Wikipedia-l] Re: html emails

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Apr 19 17:58:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 07:50:03PM +0200, Anthere wrote:

> Gregory Maxwell a écrit:
> >On 4/18/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>yo. I think most of us would prefer it to be in html... for quite a
> >>number of reason (such as links).
> >

> >HTML mails would make me unsub, perhaps that wouldn't be universally bad.
> >:)
>
> I did not understand what unsub means.

"un" and "subscribe" -- the opposite of subscribing

> >As far as links go, your MUA should see them and make them clickable
> >even without html mail, I'm sure someone here can make some
> >recommendations for your platform...
>
> I have no idea what MUA means.

Mail User Agent, roughly equivalent to "mail client" or "email client":
Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Sylpheed, Eudora, Pegasus, Evolution,
Mutt, Pine, Elm, et cetera, all have MUA functionality.

> >Hmm.. Inline images might have been useful in our discussions about
> >sexual images on wikipedia, I suppose... :)
>
> I can't figure what you mean.
>
> If I may dare say... this mailing list is international. It would be
> helpful if people made an effort so as to be understandable to more people.

A snide response to that might be to compare your request to that of
others regarding a preference for text emails over HTML emails.

> It is a general comment, not limited to you only. Maybe I am a bit
> stupid these days.

Nothing of the sort.  Sometimes, we need to be reminded of where we're
not making our modes of communication generally accessible, whether by
poorly chosen presentation technologies or by heavy use of jargon and
abbreviations.

--
Chad Perrin
[ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]