[Wikipedia-l] html emails

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Tue Apr 19 15:53:18 UTC 2005

Alphax said:

> So Adobe "owns" PDF in the same sense that Sun "owns" Java.

Yes.  That is, only in the sense that Adobe has a registered trademark on
the name "PDF" and exercises control over the standard.  They don't own or
control third-party PDF readers or writers.

> I've been meaning to get into the TeX thing for a while now... can DVIs
>  be HTMLified? Can TeX have links in it?

You can htmlize a DVI, but then it will be HTML, which is not a
presentation format, so you have no real control over what it will look
like.