[Wikipedia-l] Survey regarding email preference (was Re: html emails)

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 04:32:40 UTC 2005

Of course. Actually, I believe we've said that before - ie, that we
don't need to make accommodations for a minority, even if it is a
large one.

Mark

On 18/04/05, Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 01:58:52PM +1000, Tim Starling wrote:
> > Chad Perrin wrote:
> > > Text email is universal.  HTML email alienates a great many people.  If
> > > I wanted to see HTML, I'd use a browser or an HTML editor.
> >
> > Check out this survey, done in 2003:
> > http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt8/email_format_preferences.htm
> >
> > 87% of the non-technical survey group reported being able to read HTML
> > email, and 93% of the business group. HTML was reported to be preferred
> > over plain text by both groups.
> >

> Oh, well, since it's more than 50% we can afford to just shoot and bury
> the remainder.  Okay.  No problem, then.
>
> --
> Chad Perrin
> [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE