[Wikipedia-l] pitching an idea

Alex Regh Alex.Here at gmx.net
Sun Apr 17 18:55:42 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:17:44 +0200, Wouter Steenbeek wrote:

>So, in our culture, the view of scientists is especially favoured
>among encyclopaedia-makers, because they are supposed to have justificated
>their views by means of an elaborate dialectic process, not by dogmatic
>tradition.

Well, that is the theory - but unfortunately, that is not always the case,
especially outside of the "hard sciences". Therefore, relying entirely on
"scientific" stuff can lead into bad traps, too. (And mind you, I most
certainly don't advocate any holy books should replace science here - merely
facts.)

Alex
--
If you don't go over the top,