[Wikipedia-l] Re: Encarta goes wiki - sort of...

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 13:08:29 UTC 2005

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> Microsoft has extended an invitation for me to come and give a talk in
> Redmond.  I'll also see if I can give a talk at the University of
> Washington Information School.  It would be interesting to chat with
> these graduate students, I think, to learn more about their experience.

Great idea! We should learn from the Encarta wikish experience to see if it is
a viable model, which will be good for us to use in comparing and contrasting.
I really doubt it will be nearly as scalable as what we do, but we could still
learn from them nevertheless. Who knows, we could even eventually apply some of
what we learn from them to better handle our more complete and stable articles.

The point we need to keep in mind is our goal - our process is a means to
*that* end and should not be held sacrosanct for every article at each stage of
its development.

-- mav