[Wikipedia-l] pitching an idea

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 10:40:32 UTC 2005

--- Steve Lefevre <lefevre.10 at osu.edu> wrote:
> Hey folks -
>
> A PGP sign-off system will keep track of who wrote what, and who agrees
> with it. Authors who have had a lot of people sign off on their word
> will get bonus scores on their texts, and articles that well-reputed
> authors sign off on will get also get bonus scores.

I don't have any comments (yet) on your idea, but I thought I'd mention that
cryptographic signatures would be overkill here, IMO: it's quite reasonable to
trust the "history" function of a wiki to verify that someone wrote something,
or "voted" for an article fork, etc.

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]