[Wikipedia-l] Alexa.com blogs about Wikipedia

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Apr 14 13:38:18 UTC 2005

Andrew Lih wrote:

>The lead blog story on Alexa's front page today is about Wikipedia
>surpassing NY Times in terms of traffic rank. Traffic has spiked
>upwards in the last month, and sits at #66 for today.

I've just ordered another 20 servers for our Florida cluster, and with
the recently announced Yahoo deal, as well
as deals we are working on with some European educational/governmental
organizations and another major search
engine, we will within the next few months more than double our total
capacity, and expand from 2 data centers
(Florida, Paris) to 5 or 6 (Florida, somewhere in Asia, Amsterdam,
Brussels, Paris, and another).

Pretty neat.

:-)