[Wikipedia-l] Alexa.com blogs about Wikipedia

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Apr 14 18:30:04 UTC 2005

mbecker ™ wrote:

> I really should make a wikipedia page for these :)
> http://tinyurl.com/66ocf (reference.com)

You probably know that you can extend comparisons back to
September 2001 by altering the Alexa.com url to say range=4y.
Doing this, you will see that wikipedia.org didn't exist before
December 2002.  This is because Wikipedia used the .com domain in
its first two years.  And I wouldn't trust Alexa's numbers for
wikipedia.org for the first 3 months, but only after February
2003, when it is at rank 4,000.

Trying to compare wikipedia.org to wikipedia.com, I instead get a
comparison with blogdex.net.  Its graph starts in the fall 2003.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)