[Wikipedia-l] Re: Encarta goes wiki - sort of...

Faraaz Damji frazzydee at spymac.com
Thu Apr 14 11:38:07 UTC 2005

I disagree.  I've found most people to be kind and helpful.  Something
like Wikipedia tends to draw people of a different intellectual and
moral level than most other environments, and I think that a lot of
editors have come to value that.  If you think that there are serious
problems with Wikipedia, there's nothing stopping you from starting
another wiki encyclopedia with Wikipedia's content since everything is
GFDL'd.

And the way encarta works, it doesn't look like it'll form a strong
community like there is at Wikipedia.  Sure there are a couple of people
who've ticked me off here, but you're bound to not get along with some
people in a place with hundreds of thousands of people.

--
Blog: http://frazzydee.ca