[Wikipedia-l] Re: Foundation news

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 09:22:26 UTC 2005

Christopher Larberg a écrit:
> On Apr 8, 2005 10:08 PM, Jack Lutz <jack-lutz at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Is there any source for news occuring within Wikimedia? I read today that Jimbo expects the English Wikipedia to be ready for a 1.0 release by the end of 2005; but I read it in ZDNET, and there's not a mention of it on the actual 1.0 page, nor on the Village pump, nor on the mailing list?
>

> I was under the impression that Foundation news was collected on Meta.
> Try http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_News and
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Goings-on.
>
> --Slowking Man

I would not rely on these two ones too much.
I have no time any more to update them, and I think Ang does not either
As she said, we try to update now the news on the foundation website.
And the Quarto is there to summarize news four times per year.

The announcement list was just set up very recently (2 weeks I think),
so is still in setting up stage (but please register).

4th place to get information is simply here.

I am personally trying to put the official information more on the wmf
site than on meta now, to try to convey the habit that official
information is to be found on wmf, while meta, freely editable, is more
work into progress and often a lot of speculations... and though in
interesting source (I love meta :-)) should not be necessarily
considered an authority source for information....

As things are, none of these four places are reporting official attempts
to push for 1.0. As far as I am aware, it is mostly that Jimbo
participated to interviews in the past days and mentionned this.

ant