[Wikipedia-l] The value of Pronunciation

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Apr 4 16:44:51 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> By the way, I would strongly questoin GerardM's assertion that the person's
> way of pronouncing their name is *correct*, in the sense of people
> pronouncing it differently being *incorrect*.

:-) As a matter of courtesy I try really hard to pronounce GerardM's
name in the way that he does (Dutch way) but it's basically impossible
for me, and feels embarassing.  So I vary between just giving up and
pronouncing it the American way, and mangling it. ;-)

--Jimbo

--
"Pianosa is een Italie" - first words of 50,000th article on nl.wikipedia.org