[Wikipedia-l] Invisible Categories

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Sun Apr 3 12:36:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to make a Category "invisible" in Wikipedia
(and mediawiki in general).  Basically, what I want to do, is create some
pages, and link them together with a Category.  These pages will have very
little in common with each other, and the categories will be mainly "Pages
starting with 'A' " and the like, where the useful part is having a list of
the articles tagged like that.  It'll save me (and other users) from having
to manually maintain seperate "List" articles, yet still allow for quick
navigation between similar articles.

So, what I want, is the current Category functionality, but without the
"[Category: Whatever]" at the bottom of the page.  Possible?

Regards,
- Craig Franklin

Craig Franklin
PO Box 764