[Wikipedia-l] Re: [personal] Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 65

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Sat Sep 25 01:49:29 UTC 2004

Scríobh Ray Saintonge,

> This is speculative polemic.

> Ec

Yup, and we've got all those shining examples of free, independent media in
the PRC so that we may witness their enlightened, liberal approach to
criticism.  Oh wait, no we don't.

If the Chinese government isn't going to let the Chinese media give a
balanced, NPOV opinion on such things as Falun Gong or Tibet, what makes you
think that they're going to tolerate Wikipedia, especially Chinese-language
Wikipedia, doing the same.  Not unless we agree to toe their party line -
which, I would sincerely hope, we're not actually willing to do.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Wikimedia has remained unblocked in China
for as long as it has been.

Regards,
- Craig Franklin

Craig Franklin