[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipedia in China

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Fri Sep 24 01:54:22 UTC 2004

Erik, I actually agree with a a lot of things you said.

HOWEVER, as regards this comment:

On 24 Sep 2004, at 02:35, Erik Moeller wrote:
> I have to disagree here, but I also have to say that I consider the
> Chinese government nothing but fascism with a red touch.

Well... let me get this straight:
You're accusing the Chinese government (did you mean "system of
government"?) of being "nothing but fascism with a red touch."
So you're not just saying there are a couple of very foul apples in the
basket -- you're saying there are ''NOTHING BUT'' foul apples (and a
dab of red) in there.

You're posting on a mailing list which is frequented by Chinese
nationals.
You've just told them that EVERYTHING their government has achieved was
foul, rotten and worthless.

Isn't that somewhat stark?

Also--correct me if I'm mistaken--you're German.
Assuming that you're a socially responsible person you are undoubtedly
aware of the "special place" Germany holds in the history of fascism.
You're hopefully also aware that Germany's express allies in the
Fascist Axis, the Japanese, had a certain role in something known as
the (AFAIK still not apologized-for) [[Nanjing Massacre]].
You also must be aware that a historical continuity exists between
those Chinese who fought AGAINST a WWII aggressor, Fascist Axis power
(i.e. Japan) and those who are now part of the Chinese government at
all levels.

Yet you're telling our Chinese contributors--who are of the very people
who have paid such a high price--you're telling them to their face that
THEIR government, not the Japanese/German Fascist Axis, but rather
THEIR government was  "nothing but fascism".

Excuse me, but I for one find that stark. I'm not Chinese, but if I was
Chinese I would go livid right now and demand a public apology.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]