[Wikipedia-l] wikipedia is big in China six was once blockade again

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Sep 23 11:19:33 UTC 2004

Ultimately I don't think there is any way we can or should control the
information in Wikipedia in such a way that it would be acceptable to the
security services of China, nor is there any way China with its unstable
political situation can tolerate the information contained in Wikipedia. I
am especially concerned that Wikipedia offers the temptation to people who
reside on the mainland to speak their mind which can result in crippling
consequences for themselves and their families.

Fred