[Wikipedia-l] Re: toki pona

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 03:52:10 UTC 2004

May I just remind everyone that the status of Toki Pona as a copyrighted
language, assuming that languages are in fact copyrightable, does not
preclude its also being licensed under the GFDL. As Sonja Kisa is the
creator of the language and, as I understand it, the primary contributor
on the Toki Pona Wikipedia, I would suggest that she has effectively
licensed Wikipedia to use the language, even if she has a copyright.

It's exactly the same as any of us who retain copyright in anything we
submit on Wikipedia.

--Michael Snow