[Wikipedia-l] Starting a new wiki

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:55:03 UTC 2004

Oh, also there is the additional option of setting up shop at a
Wikipedia that has had little or no action. This is *not* something I
would encourage! Please exhaust all other options first. Depending on
which language you choose though, it could take a very short time or a
very long time for anybody to realise what you're doing. And if you
can round up a good sized group of contributors, and you get up a
sizable number of articles, when you *are* eventually found out there
is a good chance the content will be kept, but moved to a different
subdomain (most likely ang:).

As I said before though, that is the last thing you should try! Unlike
the other options there is the inevitability of getting caught, and
the fact that it's against the rules. So really I would not recommend
this except as a last resort, and if you *do* do it, choose a language
with low internet connectivity and a small speaker population overall.

--node

ps
Seriously, don't do that.