[Wikipedia-l] Re: Gothic Wikipedia

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 03:37:09 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:
> The difference here Tim is that while Klingon is 1. a conlang with a
> fairly small number of speakers intended as the language of an
> imaginary alien race from a scifiseries 2. afaik completely without
> native speakers altogether, save maybe a handful, while Gothic is a
> natural language with perhaps 4000~5000 speakers [...]

I'm aware of their differences, but neither can be justified in terms of
the reasons I work on this project. I'm just not interested in
supporting linguistic research. I'm happy to leave it to other people as
long as they don't waste my time.

 > Oh also I would like to add that I'd be very happy to help anybody
 > wanting help setting up a new Wikipedia, beyond the most technical
 > aspect I can handle it very well, and I think I have a fair grasp of
 > that too. Of course dev tasks I couldn't do, but beyond that...

We can talk about that offlist. Suffice to say that there are certain
dev tasks you *would* have to do.

-- Tim Starling