[Wikipedia-l] Re: Huge misunderstanding which arose from miscommunication

Mirko Thiessen wikipedia at mirko-thiessen.de
Thu Sep 16 08:03:42 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> One question:
>
> Is the level of detail in this article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_the_Zion_and_Kolob_canyons_area
>
> appropriate for Wikipedia? Or would it be better to have such an article
> in a
> Wikigeology project? I would certainly hate to see similarly detailed
> [[Biology
> of ...]] articles not be created for species in Wikipedia because the
> same
> content is in Wikispecies. Or worse, for them to exist in both and thus
> half
> the contributor base working on each of them.

I realise that there is still a misunderstanding what Wikispecies would
look like. This is not about having articles which would be too special
for Wikipedia. This is (at least how I understand it) about having a
species directory containing raw data. For example, an entry for the
European Grass Snake could be structured this way:

Scientific name: Natrix natrix
Vernacular names: European Grass Snake (en), Ringelnatter (de), Ringslang
(nl), Snog (da)...