[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikispecies

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 02:32:05 UTC 2004

--- Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If wikispecies is not set up, it may be that the wiki is set up
> somewhere else and it may be that part of its information is included in
> wikipedia from that free ressource.

Nobody I know of is saying that we should not have it Anthere. I, for example,
want a general solution by having this on the Commons.

Wikispecies would then be a Wikimedia Commons data project; along with Wikiwar,
Wikichemistry, and anything else that would benefit from Commons technology.

I still strongly feel the board way overstepped its authority by authorizing
this when there was far from a consensus to proceed.

The concerns should have be addressed first in order *try* to find a mutually
acceptable solution. I did not see a good effort to do that.

Leadership by fiat is no leadership at all.

-- mav