[Wikipedia-l] Re: One Chinese Wikipedia

Vina Wang vwang at myrealbox.com
Mon Sep 13 08:49:55 UTC 2004

>Therefore, I think splitting into zh-tw isn't really too bad an idea.
>Traditional Chinese users can build up their own database, while
>some of the items can redirect to zh wp.
How is this redirect going to work?  As far as I know, redirect only works within one wiki.  Are you suggesting that the article will explicitly point to the zh wp, something like [[:zh:topic x]]?  This would make it very hard for anyone to find the link to replace once there is actually "topic x" written, since the WhatLinksHere feature does not work across wikis.

Is there any plans for a "sibling wiki", where redirect or some such feature will actually work?

-Vina