[Wikipedia-l] Re: One Chinese Wikipedia

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Fri Sep 10 13:38:58 UTC 2004

On 10 Sep 2004, at 13:16, wikipedia-l-request at Wikimedia.org wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:20:16 -0700
> From: Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>
>
> Sorry everybody, I'd like to apologise for being so... well, so...
> agressive.
>
> I hope you can understand why I might find it hard now to keep my
> cool: over 600 articles I am almost singlehandedly responsible for are
> to be deleted, I have been told to copy-and-paste them but come on,
> this is 600 ARTICLES we're talking about. Also, I did not even know
> this was going on until I tried to go to wantedpages on zh-tw: and
> found that I was redirected to wantedpages at zh:, and then asked in
> #wikipedia and was told to check the ML to which I am not subscribed
> (even if I were, I don't check my inbox on even a  daily basis
> usually)
>
> apologies...
>
> --Mark/Jin Junshu

I for one don't feel you have to apologize.
I don't remember you saying anything rude.
Our views differ, but that doesn't preclude a civilized discussion.

Your input has already been very beneficial because it has highlighted
an issue which warrants a solution and has given people a push to solve
it. It may not be your initially attempted solution (zh-tw), but it's
still a step forward (towards fully integrated simple and traditional
interoperability in zh).
Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! ;-)

-- Jens [[User:Ropers|Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com