[Wikipedia-l] Re: One Chinese Wikipedia

Ashar Voultoiz thoane at altern.org
Fri Sep 10 10:04:03 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:
<snip>
> In addition, the entire user interface is in simplified. This makes it
> extremely uncomfortable for a person who uses *exclusively*
> traditional to use zh:, and it will scare many users away (as
> Laurentius admits, sie was at first scared away because of the
> dominance of simplified; for every user that comes back after being
> initially scared away by this there are perhaps 300 that never come
> back). zh-tw:, on the other hand, the last I checked, had a UI
> completely in Traditional.
<snip>
> --Jin Jun-shu (Mark Williamson)

Hello,

I am currently trying to patch MediaWiki so users can choose their own
language interface. One will then be able to choose zh-tw, zh-cn,
english or even german as an interface language for zh:  :o)

Not sure if it will be available in version 1.4 of MediaWiki though :p

--
Ashar Voultoiz