[Wikipedia-l] One Chinese Wikipedia

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Sep 9 18:36:44 UTC 2004

Andrew Lih wrote:
> I'm not sure why zh-tw was created recently. I can count at least
> three times before where we've requested it not be established so that
> ZH would work towards a traditional-simplified solution.

There's a bug in the new wiki creation script which allows zh-tw, zh-cn,
nn, and perhaps other language codes which are defined but had been
intended as aliases to be automatically created as separate wikis. Such
accidentally created wikis are not supported and may get closed down
when noticed and someone gets around to backing up their content.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)